Friday, February 3, 2017

Long Time, No See

Greetings Confucio!!

It has been a long time since I sent out an email, but I'm firing up the email engine once again. 

2016 was an interesting year for me. It was the first year in a decade that I wasn't on the road full-time. I've gotten a place in Minneapolis where I can now go between trips and it is a much more productive work environment. Working on a 27" monitor and a gigabit internet connection really beats sitting cross-legged on a hotel bed with a laptop!

Despite not traveling full-time, my travel schedule was quite busy last year. I was on the road about 50% of the year and I traveled to a number of places for the first time. They include:

  • India
  • Ethiopia
  • Macedonia
  • Kosovo
  • Albania
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Tajikistan

I even got to visit one of the smallest countries on Earth: Tuvalu

You can get a full overview of my 2016 travels by checking out my year end photo essay.  It is a collection of over 50 of my best photos I took last year. 

FACEBOOK TRAVEL GROUP

You might not be aware, but I've created a Facebook Group for travelers to ask questions about upcoming trips and to talk amongst other travelers. We currently have over 3,000 members in the group and it is it one of the best travel resources on the internet. It is the best way to get my personal travel advice, and if I am unable to answer your question, we have over 3,000 well-traveled people who can lend you advice. 

To join the group, visit Facebook, and ask join. One of the group administrators will approve your request within 24-hours. 


TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY ACADEMY

I'm nearing completion of a project I've been working on for over a year: The Travel Photography Academy!

The Travel Photography Academy is an online course to help you improve your travel photos and to teach you how to take award winning images. The course will video based, with assignments and photo critiques from myself and other professional photographers. We will also have monthly webinars you can watch with some of the world's greatest travel photographers where we address a different subject every month.

Currently, we are hoping to open it up to a small number of beta testers this month, with a full launch in March.

If you are interested in the course, sign up for the newsletter and you will be notified when it is open. 


10-YEAR TRAVEL ANNIVERSARY

March 13 marks the 10-year anniversary of when I sold my home to travel the world full time. Over the next month, I'm going to be writing a series of articles looking back on the last 10-years, as well as looking forward to where my travels will take me in the future. You'll be notified about all the articles via email, but you can also get them right away by checking out my website: http://Everything-Everywhere.com/

2841 Bryant Ave S
Minneapolis MN 55408
USA

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

0 comments: