Thursday, October 31, 2013

Nomadic Matt's Travel Site: Help Me Improve This Website

Nomadic Matt's Travel Site: Help Me Improve This Website


Help Me Improve This Website

Posted: 31 Oct 2013 02:27 PM PDT

Now that I am home and settling down, I am making some long awaited improvements to this website. Over the next month, I'll be making some design and navigation changes and I want your feedback on what I can do to make your experience better.

I often run surveys to get your input and gauge how I’m doing in helping you travel.

It's time for more feedback.

What articles are missing? What stories and tips would you like to see? Is the site easy to navigate? What would you change?

You can tell me the good, bad, and ugly — I want to hear it all.

Please take this 9 question, 3 minute, anonymous survey and let me know how to improve this website:

Take the survey here.

Your opinion matters. I read every answer and take all constructive criticism seriously.

Please take three minutes to help me know how to better help you!

Notes on things coming down the pipeline

  • I know navigation is a problem and I've included a "start here" button in the navigation bar to make it easier to find content. Additionally, I lightened the search feature to make it more noticeable.
  • I am currently working on a F.A.Q. section as a resource.
  • I'm writing a few posts on how families and older travelers can use these tips offered on my site as well as working a few articles that are more geared towards those in the non-hostel set. If you have article ideas or want specific topics addressed, please let me know in the survey.
  • All the country and city guides are going to get a massive update (and major edit) and will soon include more links, descriptions, photos, and video. (It’s this winter’s major project.)

Okay, with that, fire away! Tell me what changes you'd like to see. I'll post a follow-up addressing your feedback in a few weeks.

Take the survey here.

P.S. – If you are in New York City, I’ll be hosting a meet-up on November 14th. I’ll announce details on Monday, but mark the day in your calendar!

The post Help Me Improve This Website appeared first on Nomadic Matt's Travel Site.

0 comments: