Thursday, February 14, 2013

Nomadic Matt's Travel Site: 27 More Pretty Photos From My Trip to Africa (Plus a Video!)

Nomadic Matt's Travel Site: 27 More Pretty Photos From My Trip to Africa (Plus a Video!)


27 More Pretty Photos From My Trip to Africa (Plus a Video!)

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 07:35 AM PST

Last December, I went to Africa with G Adventures and it was life changing. Africa is beautiful, breathtaking, and as I said before like “God’s zoo.” I took over 800 photos during my short three week trip. I put up some photos last month and since I had so many, I wanted to share some more today. There are just too many good ones. So without further rambling, here’s 27 more photos to kick start your day:

An elephant keeping himself cool in NamibiaAn elephant keeping himself cool in Namibia

A lone tree in the savannah in Namibia
A lone tree in the savannah in Namibia

Zebras and a giraffe out for a stroll in Etosha National Park, Namibia
Zebras and a giraffe out for a stroll in Etosha National Park, Namibia

Sand dunes outside Swakopmund, Namibia
Sand dunes outside Swakopmund, Namibia. I didn’t touch this photo up. This is what they actually look like! Crazy, huh? It’s like a painting.

Some ducks hanging out at the watering hole during sunset Namibia
Some ducks hanging out at the watering hole during sunset

The watering hole in Etosha, Namibia Africa
The watering hole in Etosha, Namibia

the stars and night sky in Namibia, Africa
The night sky. My camera doesn’t have a very sensitive lens but you get the idea – you can see a lot of stars in the sky in Africa.

a happy bush guy from botswana
A wise bushman from Botswana. He was always happy and energetic in his explanations about the plants.

Giraffes lounging in the shade in Etosha
Giraffes lounging in the shade in Etosha. My guide said that this sight is rare because if they sit down, it makes them easy targets for predators. If they are sitting, it means they feel very safe.

The red dunes of Deadvlei Africa Namibia
The red dunes of Deadvlei, Namibia

The Okavango Delta in Botswana
The Okavango Delta in Botswana

An elephant at the Chobe River
An elephant at the Chobe River

a red sunset in Africa
I have no idea where this sunset was but pretty huh?

A lazy water buffalo in Chobe River
A lazy water buffalo in Chobe River

The cracked earth of Deadvlei, Namibia
The cracked earth of Deadvlei, Namibia

Fighting (or kissing?) monkeys in the Chobe River, Botswana
Fighting (or kissing?) monkeys in the Chobe River, Botswana

A crocodile in the Chobe River, Botswana
A crocodile in the Chobe River, Botswana

Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe
Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe

The Okavango Delta in Botswana
The Okavango Delta in Botswana

Sandboarding in outside Swakopmund, Namibia
Sandboarding in outside Swakopmund, Namibia

A giraffe posing for the camera
Somewhere in Namibia…

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon in Zimbabwe
Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon…

Victoria falls<br />
Victoria falls

a sunset in Africa at the watering hole in Etosha National Park, Namibia
Sunset at the watering hole in Etosha National Park, Namibia

More elephants in Chobe
More elephants in Chobe

Zebras at the watering hole
Zebras at the watering hole

Lion in Etosha National Park
A lioness in Etosha National Park

And here is a video of some dancing in Damaraland, Namibia (it’s a bit cheesy but they have great voices):

I can’t wait to get back to explore more of Africa. I only scratched the surface but in my short time I saw such diversity that I look forward to going back…sooner rather than later I hope.

P.S. – Next Monday, I am in Washington D.C. for my book tour. I’ll be at Comet Ping Pong
on 5037 Connecticut Ave NW at 7 pm. For more information, here is the event page.

27 More Pretty Photos From My Trip to Africa (Plus a Video!) is a post from: Nomadic Matt's Travel Site

0 comments: