Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nomadic Matt's Travel Site: My Upcoming Book Tour: Coming to a City Near You

Nomadic Matt's Travel Site: My Upcoming Book Tour: Coming to a City Near You


My Upcoming Book Tour: Coming to a City Near You

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 07:01 AM PST

how to travel the world nomadic mattTwo weeks from now, my book on traveling the world finally hits book stores. How crazy is that! I still can’t believe it sometimes. Today, I’m announcing a nationwide book tour starting next month! I've never done a book tour and I'm sure this will be a crazy good learning experience (plus it gives me an excuse to take a road trip across the country again).

But most importantly, it gives me a chance to meet you. After all, this site wouldn't be anything without readers like yourself. I’ve been hosting a number of community meet-ups over the last few months and they’ve been amazing. This book tour is doing that but on a grand scale.

Below are dates, times, locations, and links to the Facebook event pages. If you’re thinking about coming, please try to confirm your attendance so I can get a rough idea of how many people will be at each one. At the event, I'll be giving a little talk about why anyone can travel, what’s in the book, and answering any and all of your questions. You'll also be able to purchase the book at each event. Afterwards, those who are interested can join me at a local bar for drinks, laughs, and memories that shouldn’t go on Facebook/Twitter but probably will.

Event Information

New York City
Date: 2/5
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Housing Works Bookstore, 126 Crosby St
Facebook Event Page

Note: This event occurs the day my book launches so I'm going to have a big party. If you are in the area, come to this! All proceeds from this event go to Housing Works, which works to find a cure for AIDS.

Boston
Date: 2/11
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: The Harvard Coop, 1400 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA
Facebook Event Page

Philadelphia
Date: 2/17
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: TBA
Facebook Event Page

Washington, D.C.
Date: 2/18
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Comet Ping Ping, 5037 Connecticut Ave NW
Facebook Event Page

Chicago
Date: 2/21
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: The Book Cellar, 4736-38 N. Lincoln ave.
Facebook Event Page

Austin
Date: 3/7 (Right before SXSW)
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: T.B.A.
Facebook Event Page

Denver
Date: 3/18
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: T.B.A
Facebook Event Page

San Diego (La Jolla)
Date: 3/20
Time: 7:30 P.M.
Location: Warwick’s, 7812 Girard Avenue
Facebook Event Page

L.A.
Date: 3/25
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Book Soup, 8818 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood
Facebook Event Page

San Francisco
Date: 3/28
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: Green Apple Books and Music, 506 Clement St.
Facebook Event Page

Portland
Date: 4/1
Time: 7:30 P.M.
Location: Powells, 3723 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Facebook Event Page

Seattle
Date: 4/3
Time: 7:00 P.M.
Location: TBA
Facebook Event Page

So if you plan on going (and I really hope you do, otherwise I’ll be a really sad panda), please try to confirm your attendance as soon as you can. It helps me and the bookstores get an idea of how many people will be at the event, that way we have enough chairs for everyone and no one has to sit on the floor!

Lastly, I plan on taking another mini-tour in May and June. So if your city is not listed and the ones above aren’t close to you, leave a comment below, and I’ll try to add it into the mix. There's plenty of room for stops!

I hope to see you at one (or more) of these events. And feel free to bring as many friends as you want. Let’s get some more people hooked on travel!

My Upcoming Book Tour: Coming to a City Near You is a post from: Nomadic Matt's Travel Site

0 comments: